Doing too much?
If you are asking yourself that question, odds are, yes you are.
Indicators that you are doing too much:
- You feel overwhelmed. Listen to your inner voice! It’s smarter than you think. If you feel overwhelmed, odds are you are trying to do too much.
- You struggle to be present in your daily tasks. Falling asleep at your desk, forgetting things, and getting easily distracted may all be indicators that you have too much going on.
- Even your “fun” activities feel like chores you need to complete.
How to decide what to spend your time on:
- Is this something I’m excited to do? If not, is there something you would enjoy doing more?
- Does this task help me achieve my goals? Remember, you do not need to say yes to everything. Try to say yes to the things that you are personally interested in and that well help you in your goals. Yes, that fundraiser is fun, but your already volunteer for something else, you don’t have to do all of it.
- Will I regret doing this tomorrow? We’ve all been there…also…click here (hangover link)
- How many hours will this add to my day?
- Remember, it’s okay to say no and it’s okay to ask to do something another time!
Give yourself permission to focus on you. Otherwise, you can’t be the person you want to be for your friends and family. You cannot achieve the accomplishments. What it comes down to, is there is only so much time. YOLO really is a thing, so make sure you put your energy to what matters to you!